How to start a Shopify store
Shopify is a Canadian based eCommerce company founded by Tobias Lutke, Daniel Weinand, and Scott Lake in 2004 and headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario.
The developers built their own online store called Snowdevil using open source and web application framework Ruby on Rails.
Later on this same platform was launched as Shopify and a further inclusion of API’s allowed other developers to create their own application.
Shopify is a hosted ecommerce solution which means you do not have to worry about the availability, redundancy, backups, maintenance, upgrades, etc.,
You just have to focus all your efforts on marketing strategies and developing your business.
Benefits of using Shopify
- Themes & Apps – Choose from hundreds of free and paid Shopify Themes and easily customize it to your needs and your business requirements. No Design and Coding skills required. Shopify Apps will help further extend your Store capabilities.
- Sales Channel – One unified platform to run your business on different sales channels – sell your products using our online store platform, sell on facebook, sell on your existing website using our Buy button or sell in your retail store using our Point of Sale app (Android and iOS app) with automatic synchronization between the POS and Online store.
- Analytics Dashboard – Get a complete view of all the reports about your shop like Total Sales, Total Orders, Returning Customer rate, Conversion rate, etc.,
- Backend Dashboard – Manage all your orders, customers, payment, shipping, store design from the shopify backend administration.
- Product Types – Simple, Variable, Downloadable (App)
- Payment Gateways – Paypal, Citrus, PayuMoney, PayUBiz, Skrill (and a host of other providers)
- Shipping Integration – Table rate shipping, Fedex, UPS, fulfillment by Shipwire, Amazon
With industry best pricing available in packages called Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advanced Shopify, all packages include an Online store, Unlimited number of products, free SSL certificate and lots more.
How to Sign Up to a Shopify store
In the Shopify home page click on ‘Get Started’.
In the next screen enter your email address, a password for backend administration and a store name. Click on ‘Create your Store’.
In the ‘Tell us a little bit about yourself’ window under ‘Are you already selling’, let’s select ‘I’m just playing around’. This option has the least number of further queries to reply. Click on ‘Next’.
In the next screen enter your name, address, phone number, website address if any and click on ‘Enter my store’.
You will also receive a welcome email with the store address and store backend administration address.
This is a 14 day free trial, you can upgrade your store any time during this period.
Please follow our Blog on Feedly for all the latest information. If you need more help, please call our Support Department at (480) 624-2500. We are available 24/7. You can also use our Email support system for any queries. Just IT Hosting.